Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nolan's Newborn Session

Rebekah, Nolan's mom and I had set up a newborn session early June. She kept touching base by email to update me on his arrival, each time was "still no baby". Then one morning woke up to this email:
"Well, Nolan is finally here. He was born July 9, 9lbs, 6oz, 22 in. He was 10 days overdue. I was induced twice, and after a difficult labor, I ended up with a c section. Then, 2 days after Nolan was born, the pediatrician discovered a heart murmur. What we thought was a simple murmur, that he would live with or go away on its own, turned out to be a lot more. We went to a follow up appt at Dartmouth in Manchester the day after I was discharged. The next thing I know we are being rushed to Children's Hospital in Boston. And, on Friday the 15th, just 6 days later, Nolan had open heart surgery. His right pulmonary artery wasn't attached to his main artery. I am overjoyed to say that Nolan is doing well and we were sent home last Thursday."
I could not believe what I was reading!! Nolan came in for his newborn session at 4 weeks old, 2 weeks older then the babies I normally capture for newborn sessions. He did amazing!!! I am so happy I got the chance to meet this little miracle:)



No comments: